Coros watch and Pa or Pw:hr

• Creator
    Topic
    Jane Mackay
    Keymaster

I missed the call on Tuesday and just watched the recording. I also have a Coros watch and at first got the Pw:hr stat instead of Pw:hr. In case this is helpful to others, here’s how I fixed that issue.

When I first highlighted the 1 hr of the test, I ONLY had BPM showing in the chart and I got the Pw:hr reading.

Thinking that maybe it was because there was no speed/pace data showing, I did the caculation again with BOTH BPM AND MIN/KM showing BUT NONE OF THE OTHER METRICS. This time I got Pa:hr.

The two numbers are different, so it seems to be important to get it right. My Pa:hr was lower than the Pw:hr.

• Participant
    mmingus on #58141

Thanks, Jane. I have the same problem. I’m going to try your suggestion.

Keymaster
    Jane Mackay on #58144

Let me know if it works for you!

Keymaster
    Coach on #58146

Yes, the Pa:HR is really important for the AeT test the PW:HR won’t give you an accurate HR zone. Thanks for the tip Jane 🙂

Participant
    Sophia Kast on #58190

Thank you Jane! Your method led me to a solution that worked. I ended up deleting the power stat from the metrics and it finally showed pa:hr! It didn’t work for me to just hide power – I had to delete it completely. But I got it! …and discovered that I was shooting WAY too low on my target HR and have to redo the test (I was at 1.48%). C’est la vie.

I also put in a message to Training Peaks for help so if they give a different tip, I’ll post it here!

Cheers,
    Sophia

Keymaster
    Jane Mackay on #58209

Glad my tip pointed you to a solution, Sophia!

Participant
    breau on #81795

I was trying to figure out why I was seeing Pw:Hr in TrainingPeaks and I’m happy to have found this tread. It confirmed that Pa:Hr is the metric to be used for the threshold tests, and ended up leading me to a solution to show Pa:Hr.

I was also having to delete power data to see the Pa:Hr metric. But then figured out that if the Completed TSS on the Run’s Summary screen is set to “rTSS” or “hrTSS” then Pa:Hr will be shown on the run’s Analyze screen.

Note: this only works on the ThrainingPeaks’ webapp, iOS continues to show Pw:Hr.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.