Choosing betwen Vertical Distance and Time

• Creator
    Topic
    nutricionjal
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m training according to the guidelines of the TFTUA book, my event consists of 100 km and about 4000 vertical meters. I’m in the week of intensity and the training is based on time.

The last week, I had to cover vertical meters, with which I sacrifice distance. I spent more time in the hills to stay in Z2. If I continue like this, I wont be able to cover all three objectives: time, distance and vertical. Did I misunderstand something? Do you recommend training to cover distance and vertical, regardless of time?

Thanks for the help

Posted In: Mountain Running

• Inactive
    Anonymous on #25211

First thing is to look at the chart on page 291 with a suggested plan for a 100km race. Notice that each week has a recommended distance. Even the Intensity weeks have this. Notice that on page 294 in the description of the Intensity week there are instructions for the intensity workouts, only there are these given as time and not distance. The other running workouts are given as distance/vertical. After the intensity workout volume you need to make up the recommended volume (distance and vertical) of training in this week with low intensity running.

I hope this helps.
    Scott

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.