Breakfast Ideas?

• Creator
    Topic
    Zuko
    Participant

Hello All,
    I’m getting bored with my usual routine and am looking for some breakfast ideas for at home. I typically do instant oatmeal but want to cut out the sugar and processed. I’ve tried two eggs and toast and it just doesn’t fill me up well. Use to do smoothies but worried I was getting too much sugar from the fruits.

What are your go to foods?

Posted In: Nutrition

• Participant
    William Miller on #60192

Participant
    brianbauer on #60530

my goto for a long time was Quaker instant oatmeal. sure its not the best choice, but it worked for me: tasted ok, easy to make and travel with, filled me up, no digesting issues. then one day I decided that I don’t really like oatmeal, and was just eating it for the reasons stated. I thought about what I do like, and landed on: 2 slices of whole grain bread, chunky peanut butter, organic raw honey( the white stuff, like paste). I *love* peanut butter and honey sandwiches. if I am flying to a race, I still pack oatmeal. if I am driving, I eat my favorite sandwich. when the mood strikes I bake my own rustic bread and the sandwich meter goes to 11.

Participant
    Cadmium on #63952

Have seen a lot of oatmeal consumers here. I too have oatmeal with yogurt and fresh or dried fruits, a cheese cube or 2 eggs alternatively, whey protein, corns, beacon and fish. And also a few sunflower seeds, it’s good for health.

Inactive
    Anonymous on #76402

What about French toast? French toast is a classic and delicious breakfast dish that can be made in various ways to suit your taste preferences. Here’s a simple and easy recipe for how to make French toast:

Ingredients:

4 slices of bread
    2 large eggs
    1/2 cup of milk
    1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon of salt
    Butter or cooking spray for cooking

Instructions:

In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt until well combined.
    Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, making sure to coat both sides evenly.
    Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add a small amount of butter or cooking spray to the pan to prevent sticking.
    Place the soaked bread slices onto the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
    Repeat with the remaining bread slices.
    Serve the French toast hot with your desired toppings such as fresh fruits, maple syrup, whipped cream, or powdered sugar.

There are many variations you can make to this basic French toast recipe to mix things up. For example, you can add in some grated orange or lemon zest, use different types of bread such as brioche or challah, or substitute the milk for heavy cream or coconut milk.

If you’re looking for a healthier version of French toast, you can use whole-grain bread, egg whites, and unsweetened almond milk, and top it with fresh berries or a drizzle of honey.

In conclusion, French toast is a delicious and versatile breakfast option that can be made in various ways to suit your preferences. By following this easy recipe, you can whip up a classic French toast dish in no time!

Participant
    AlwaysHigher on #77525

These are my two fav breakfast choises and I am glad to share them with you:

Greek yogurt with granola: Mix plain Greek yogurt with your favorite granola and some fresh berries or sliced banana for a high-protein, low-sugar breakfast.

Breakfast burrito: Scramble some eggs, add black beans, chopped bell pepper, onion, and a sprinkle of cheese. Wrap it all up in a whole wheat tortilla for a protein-packed breakfast.

Participant
    strengthmogul on #86362

Here are a few breakfast ideas that are nutritious and filling:

Greek Yogurt Parfait: Layer Greek yogurt with berries and a sprinkle of nuts or seeds for added protein and texture.
    Avocado Toast: Top whole grain toast with mashed avocado, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and a poached egg for added protein.
    Chia Seed Pudding: Mix chia seeds with almond milk and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Top with berries and nuts in the morning.
    Egg White Omelette: Fill an omelette with vegetables like spinach, tomatoes, and mushrooms for a low-calorie, high-protein meal.
    Overnight Oats: Mix oats with milk (or a milk alternative), chia seeds, and a sweetener like honey or maple syrup. Let it sit in the fridge overnight and top with nuts or fruit in the morning.
    These options are all customizable based on your preferences and dietary needs.

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.