Alimentazione e Corsa in montagna

• Creator
    Topic
    Diego
    Participant

Bye! Excuse my English! I am writing to you from Italy and I have a passion for mountain running. I just finished reading the mountain sports book and I really enjoyed it. I’m starting to put into practice the types of training described. In the book, however, there is no mention of nutrition and I am new to this group. I wanted to ask you if there are any guidelines that will help you understand the amounts of fat, carbohydrates and proteins you should be consuming based on training hours. Until now I have always followed the tables that gave indications only for the quantities of carbohydrates depending on the weekly training hours but here I seem to understand that the main nutrient you are referring to are fats. If there is a link that talks about in this endurance sports nutrition forum could you write it to me below? Thanks!

Posted In: Nutrition

• Participant
    Shashi on #57176

Welcome to the Uphill Athlete forum.

Chapter 11 in Training for the New Alpinism is dedicated to Nutrition. I have not read Training for the Uphill Athlete, but I am sure there must be a chapter on Nutrition in this book as well.

You can find all the Uphill Athlete articles and podcasts on nutrition here –
    https://uphillathlete.com/nutrition/

Participant
    Diego on #57185

Thanks Shashi!
    Unfortunately there is no chapter on nutrition.
    I am reading all the posts of the forum in the dedicated section.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.