i did my AeT test also outdoors. But i needed 3, or 4 attempts. I started with a way too low HR at first. Here is how i came to a more or less plausible result.
- First find a loop that you could run several times withing one hour.
- Super easy warmup for 15-20 minutes.
- Then ramp up to your expected HR (e.g. 145bpm) and start to run the loop (remember where your started and remember the time on your watch, or hit lap)
- now during the hour stay as close to your initial HR (145bpm) as possible
- after one hour, or close to one hour when you pass your starting point hit lap again
- cooldown, and go check your Pa:HR 🙂
If your Pa:HR ist negative, or way above 5% try it with a new HR and do it all over again.
i hope this helps.
I am also confused as to what my zones would be. Let’s just say this result of this test was ok, would that mean that 140 would be the top of my zone 2, and 128 would be the top of zone 1?
yes sounds about right!
Have a great day — mirko